Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
Wednesday June 19, 2013
For leaders, understanding emotional intelligence is essential for success. We find that the best leaders tend to have a single quality in common that distinguishes them from the others, and it is their level of emotional intelligence. This workshop is designed for management development training, measuring adult emotional intelligence on five scales:
- Perceiving: The ability to accurately recognize, attend to, and understand emotion.
- Managing: The ability to effectively manage, control, and express emotion.
- Decision Making: The application of emotion to manage change and solve problems.
- Achieving: The ability to generate the necessary emotions to self-motivate in the pursuit of realistic and meaningful objectives.
- Influencing: The ability to recognize, manage, and evoke emotion within oneself and others to promote change.
The goal is for participants to achieve greater awareness of their ability to manage and perceive emotions, and better understand the effects of their emotions on themselves and others. This knowledge opens the door to increased emotional and social functioning by directing one's developmental efforts to the areas of greatest opportunity and potential for growth. In addition participants will learn how to INCREASE their emotional intelligence and the ability to comprehend emotions and manage them effectively.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover the four major components of emotional intelligence and how each component impacts behavior.
- Recognize the five behaviors and characteristics of an emotionally intelligent person.
- Learn about your own emotional strengths and growth opportunities.
- Learn how to connect emotional expressions and underlying messages to read people more accurately.
- How to enhance your skills during emotional interactions.
- Identify actions and vocabulary triggers that escalate emotions.
- Recognize the emotional needs of others through reflective listening.
- Discover how to manage the emotions of others, along with your own.
- Identify negative consequences of unmanaged emotions on your personal effectiveness
- Increase your empathy and social skills
- Identify and practice techniques to achieve greater self-awareness, self-control, and self-motivation
- Understand how emotional intelligence can be applied at the workplace to enhance employee relationships and increase productivity
- Generate action steps that you can take away to improve your emotional and social abilities and your own success.
AUDIENCE: This workshop is developed specifically for leaders who are responsible for influencing people and outcomes.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION DETAILS:
DATE: June 19, 2013
YOUR INVESTMENT: $289 Register three people from the same company at the same time and save $50
TIME: 8:30 AM till 5:00 PM (with a one-hour break at noon)
LOCATION: 1155 Mount Vernon HWY Suite 800 (2nd level) Atlanta, GA 30338 CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 14, 2013 due to the self-assessment prework.
REGISTRATION OPTIONS: To pay by check: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register by phone: 770-772-7377
Or register via PayPal below. Just click the number of attendees you wish to register.
If you wish to register four or more attendees, contact us at 770-772-7377.
Next Scheduled METRO Atlanta Workshop:
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders - June 19, 2013
Contact us to learn about future workshops in Atlanta:
Emotional Intelligence for Service & Support Staff
What People are Saying About Us
"Sherry is an exceptional instructor on the topic of customer service. She has extensive industry knowledge and shares creative yet easy to implement techniques that can turn the most challenging customer service pitfalls into successful interchanges." - Darien Chimoff, Senior IT Manager, Alston & Bird
"Sherry is a true professional. She provides suggestions for improvement and helps everyone grow." - Krista Ciccozzi, Director of Service Desk Operations, Intelliteach
"Sherry is an exceptional provider of top shelf service and soft skills training curriculum. Her enthusiasm is endless and her classroom deliveries consistently exceed expectations." - Kurt Wheeler, Senior Consultant - Global Business Excellence, Dell Computers
"She is one of the most motivating speakers that I have heard." - Melinda Farmer, Sencommunications
"In her seasoned leadership and management around our service industry, she has supported and helped many individuals in many beneficial ways, with her extended training practices." - Tom Rocca, President, SupportSeven
"Sherry is one of the best I have worked with in the customer service area. She has a corporate background and has packaged her experiences with her common sense approach to offering excellent service. I highly recommend Sherry and her work." - Connie McIntyre, VP Customer Experience, AGL Resources