TWO ATLANTA WORKSHOPS
1. Emotional Intelligence for Support Staff
Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 8:00 AM - Noon
Fifty-eight percent of performance is based on emotional intelligence. The goal of this session is to leave with a better understanding of yourself, your strengths and development opportunities. You will take away numerous ideas and actions which you can immediately implement to improve your emotional and social skills, enhance your team effectiveness, and boost your leadership performance at work
|58% of PERFORMANCE is Based on Emotional Intelligence!
The goal is for participants to achieve greater awareness of their ability to manage and perceive emotions, and better understand the effects of their emotions on themselves and others. This knowledge opens the door to increased emotional and social functioning by directing one's developmental efforts to the areas of greatest opportunity and potential for growth. In addition participants will learn how to increase their emotional intelligence, improving their ability to comprehend emotions and manage emotions effectively.
- The four key emotional skills: identifying, leveraging, understanding and managing emotion.
- How to connect emotional expressions and underlying messages to read people more accurately.
- How to enhance your skills during emotional interactions.
- How to identify actions and vocabulary triggers that escalate emotions.
- How to meet the emotional needs of others.
- How to manage the emotions of others, along with your own.
- How to develop a working plan using the four key emotional skills to address your workplace challenges.
- Discover the major components of emotional intelligence.
- Recognize the behaviors and characteristics of an emotionally intelligent person.
- Identify areas in which emotional intelligence skills can be applied.
- Learn about our own emotional strengths and growth opportunities.
- Generate action steps you can take to improve your emotional and social abilities and your own success.
2. The Power of Listening
Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
When people listen, organizations gain a competitive advantage. This results from better communication, improved morale, and greater productivity as well as reduced absenteeism, turnover, and conflict. And while most people claim to be good listeners, that's not what we hear.The Power of Listening is a workshop and personal assessment program that measures listening skills and enables individuals to maximize their strengths and improve upon their weaknesses. The result is employees who are better equipped to handle customer complaints, negotiate contracts, manage teams, and more.
- Determine listening effectiveness in three dimensions
- Explore the visible and invisible aspects of listening
- Learn what it takes physically and mentally to listen
- Understand the common barriers to effective listening
- Create a plan to put new skills into immediate action
- Build an effective questioning arsenal for problem solving
Both workshops are developed specifically for support and service staff who are responsible for building trust, credibility and addressing or defusing emotions as well as problem solving.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION DETAILS:
DATE: September 19, 2013
TIME: 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM (with a one-hour break at noon. Lunch not included.)
LOCATION: 2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339 - Third Floor, North Elevators
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 13, 2013 due to the pre-work.
YOUR INVESTMENT: $298 (You save $100 by registering for both workshops which otherwise cost $199 each)
- To register by phone: 770-772-7377
- Or register online. Please select the number of attendees you wish to register (below) and click the "Register Now" button.
If you wish to register four or more attendees, contact us at 770-772-7377.
Two Atlanta Workshops on September 19, 2013:
Emotional Intelligence and the Power of Listening
Register Now on this page and save $100
To register for the Emotional Intelligence Workshop ONLY click here.
To register for The Power of Listening Workshop ONLY, click here.
What People are Saying About Us
"Sherry is an exceptional instructor on the topic of customer service. She has extensive industry knowledge and shares creative yet easy to implement techniques that can turn the most challenging customer service pitfalls into successful interchanges." - Darien Chimoff, Senior IT Manager, Alston & Bird
"Sherry is a true professional. She provides suggestions for improvement and helps everyone grow." - Krista Ciccozzi, Director of Service Desk Operations, Intelliteach
"Sherry is an exceptional provider of top shelf service and soft skills training curriculum. Her enthusiasm is endless and her classroom deliveries consistently exceed expectations." - Kurt Wheeler, Senior Consultant - Global Business Excellence, Dell Computers
"She is one of the most motivating speakers that I have heard." - Melinda Farmer, Sencommunications
"In her seasoned leadership and management around our service industry, she has supported and helped many individuals in many beneficial ways, with her extended training practices." - Tom Rocca, President, SupportSeven
"Sherry is one of the best I have worked with in the customer service area. She has a corporate background and has packaged her experiences with her common sense approach to offering excellent service. I highly recommend Sherry and her work." - Connie McIntyre, VP Customer Experience, AGL Resources